My kids LOVE Oreo ice cream pie. This wasn’t on the day’s TO-DO list but when I saw the “Limited Edition” S’mores Oreos staring me down at the end of the grocery aisle, I couldn’t help picture an ice cream pie using these cookies. And, of course, Dreyer’s just happened to have S’Mores ice cream when I checked the ice cream section. It was fate. My kids were meant to be pumped full of S’mores today, in some form or another. Happy Tuesday Treats!
2, 10 ounce packages of S’mores Oreos (limited edition)
1, 1.5 liter container of Dreyer’s S’Mores light ice cream
1, 8 ounce container of Cool Whip, slightly defrosted but not runny
1 Tb butter
1. Leave ice cream out to thaw for 45 minutes.
2. Take one 10 ounce package of Oreos and crush in a large mixing bowl, reserve 1/4 cup.
3. Once crushed to your liking, add 1 Tb of melted butter and mix.
4. Butter the bottom of a 9″ pie pan.
5. Press the crushed Oreos into the bottom of the pie pan with the back of a tablespoon, making sure to push down firmly.
6. When ice cream is somewhat melted, pour the container on top of the crust and spread with a baking spatula until it is evenly layered across the pie pan.
7. Squeeze Hershey’s syrup across the top of the ice cream.
8. Spread defrosted Cool Whip across the top of the syrup and ice cream. The ingredients will be a little runny so move the Cool Whip gently with the spatula.
9. Take the second package of Oreos and form a border around the pie.
10. Take the reserved 1/4 cup of crushed Oreos and sprinkle across the top of the pie.
11. Top pie with a S’More, toasted marshmallows or shaved chocolate for decoration.
12. Place pie in the freezer on an even surface and let harden for two to three hours.
13. When pie is firm, slice and enjoy.